‘Pattaya International Bikini Beach Race 2023’- registration now open

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

‘Pattaya International Bikini Beach Race 2023’- registration now open

Post by Gaybutton »

Somehow I doubt may of us are going to register for this, but onlookers want to know the details too.

Of course, feel free to part with 27€ (about US $30 or 1000 baht) if you do wish to register. Thais get to register for 800 baht.

‘Pattaya International Bikini Beach Race 2023’ registration is now open

By Pattaya Mail

August 4, 2023

THAILAND EVENT: Registration is now open for the Pattaya International Bikini Beach Race 2023 @ Central Pattaya. The 5 kilometre race will take place on Saturday 28th October 2023.

The highlights of Pattaya International Bikini Beach Race to be held on October 28 will include famous Thai and international models, celebrities, You Tubers, and runners from around the world. The organizers expect at least 5,000 participants this year. The registration begins from August 1 onwards. The race will take place on stretch of 5 kilometers Pattaya Beach from 5 p.m. onwards. So get your swimming trunks and fancy costumes ready for this photogenic sport event in the start of the high season. Early hotel booking is recommended.

For Thai participants: https://race.thai.run/bikinirun2023
For international participants: https://worldsmarathons.com/marathon/pattaya-bikini-run

https://www.pattayamail.com/pattayaspor ... pen-437383
Jun

Re: ‘Pattaya International Bikini Beach Race 2023’- registration now open

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 7:12 pmOf course, feel free to part with 27€ (about US $30 or 1000 baht) if you do wish to register. Thais get to register for 800 baht
I'm confused.
Why would any one pay 800 or 1000 baht to race up the beach ? I'm fairly sure you can run up the beach for free most days of the year. I have done exactly that when staying near Boyztown in the past.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

If you look at the photo on the registration page, you'll notice the runners are wearing numbers. That means they are registered.

The page says you get the following with registration:
What’s included
These are included in your entry:

Finisher medal
Event T-shirts info
Photo Service
Post-race meal
Parking
Drink Stations
Medical Assistance
Toilets
Accident insurance
I guess many think the fee is worth it and many don't. I suppose nobody is going to stop people who don't register from running, but I have no idea what happens if the winner is someone who didn't register.

They call it a bikini race, but when I look at photos from past races I don't see many participants actually wearing bikinis.

I doubt many bar boys will register or participate at all unless someone sponsors them. 800 baht is a lot of money for a bar boy and most probably can't afford it even if they want to be part of it.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 5:39 amI have no idea what happens if the winner is someone who didn't register.
Actually, if you stand a chance of winning, registering & participating might be worthwhile. For the other 95% of us, jogging up the beach at a time when it's free achieves provides the same exercise.

Gaybutton wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 5:39 am I doubt many bar boys will register or participate at all unless someone sponsors them. 800 baht is a lot of money for a bar boy and most probably can't afford it even if they want to be part of it.
Most bar boys seem to be exercise averse.
I know one who joined a gym and paid the 1000 baht monthly fee. He went 3 times. He told me the gym was quite popular with Cambodian lads, but when I went, the place was empty.

I've never seen a bar boy out on a run. I rarely see them walking far & when I do, it's usually the same lad.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:47 pm For the other 95% of us, jogging up the beach at a time when it's free achieves provides the same exercise.
You don't really believe people thinking about registering are looking at this as a nice form of exercise, do you?
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 3:37 pm You don't really believe people thinking about registering are looking at this as a nice form of exercise, do you?
No, but I don't understand what motivates people to pay 1000 baht to run up the beach. If the money is going to some very good cause, fine, but that hasn't been mentioned so far.

That's the equivalent of about £22.60 and if that were the entry fee for a race up Brighton beach in the UK, I suspect it would be considered expensive here too.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 3:46 pm If the money is going to some very good cause, fine
That would be fine with me too if the money - all of it - goes to that good cause.

Click the link to see who sponsors these marathons:

https://www.worldssportsgroup.com/

I don't think this is some sort of charity run. I think it is a for-profit event run by this company. If that is the case I don't see it as something bad. After all, nobody has claimed this to be a charitable event supporting some sort of good cause.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 4:09 pmI don't think this is some sort of charity run. I think it is a for-profit event run by this company. If that is the case I don't see it as something bad. After all, nobody has claimed this to be a charitable event supporting some sort of good cause.
Agreed. Nothing wrong with organising a for profit race. I just don't see value for money with the pricing.