LINE app to become LY as of October 1

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

LINE app to become LY as of October 1

Post by Gaybutton »

Without all the gobbledygook, as of October 1, the highly popular voice communication and text messaging app, LINE, will become LY due to a merger with the parent company.

The logo probably will change, but nothing else about the app is expected to change. You should not lose your ID, your contacts list, your saved messages, or anything else about LINE and the app is expected to remain free of charge.
Gaybutton

Re: LINE app to become LY as of October 1

Post by Gaybutton »

I have used LINE several times both on October 1 and today, October 2, as well. I notice no difference whatsoever. And so far the LINE logo is still used.
Jun

Post by Jun »

I see no need for this silly rebranding. Why change what works ? Why force customers to change their websites & signs ?

Mind you, KY seems to be better known in Thailand than the English word "lubricant". So perhaps two letter branding like LY could catch on.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

As far as I can tell, nothing's changed.

Sammy Fong: "Just give me a chance to explain."
Linda Low: "Explain!!! You couldn't wait to marry me. You had to marry me. Or you couldn't live without me."
Sammy Fong: "And nothing's changed."
Linda Low: "Nothing's changed?!?! You're going to marry her!"
Sammy Fong: "That's the only thing that's changed."
- Jack Soo (Sammy Fong), Nancy Kwan (Linda Low), 'Flower Drum Song'
Jun

Post by Jun »

What is the source of your original report ?

Are you sure it this is supposed to be a rebrand of the consumer facing site, rather than a change of the corporate name ? As we have seen at the likes of Google or Facebook.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:04 pm Are you sure it this is supposed to be a rebrand of the consumer facing site
I'm not sure. I didn't wade through it because as long as the app continues to function properly I really couldn't care less.

Jun wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:04 pm What is the source of your original report ?
There were several.

LINE to LY-nk with Yahoo Japan: App’s big transformation creates a buzz

by Nattapong Westwood

September 29, 2023

Starting from Sunday, the widely-used application LINE is set to undergo a significant transformation as it merges with Yahoo Japan, resulting in a name change to LY. The announcement of these substantial changes has generated quite a buzz among users.

In light of this merger, LINE will integrate into Yahoo Japan and adopt the new identity of LY Corporation.

As a result of this corporate merger, various LINE Official Account providers will rebrand themselves as LY Corporation, effective from Sunday, October 1. It’s worth noting that some delays may occur in the transition process due to system operations.

For most users, there will be no noticeable alterations or announcements from their official accounts unless there are changes in the service provider’s name. Any such changes will be communicated individually by the respective official accounts.

Official accounts making the transition from LINE to LY Corporation encompass a range of services, including TH-EN Translator (@linethen), TODAY Entertainment (@enttoday), GIFTSHOP Notice (@linegiftshopnoti), LINE STORE (@linestoreth), LINE TODAY (@linetodayth), LINE TH Help Center (@linehelpth), LINE Weather (@lineweather-th), LINE MELODY (@linemelodyth), MyShop (@linemyshop), LINE POD Thailand (@linepodth), MyShop Notice (@myshopnotice), LINE MELODY Notice (@linemelodynotice), Verified Resellers (@verifiedresellers), and LINE Wallet TH (@linewalletthailand).

It’s important to note that if you use other official accounts provided by LINE in countries or regions outside Thailand, the service provider’s name for these official accounts will also be modified.

This groundbreaking shift in the digital landscape is aimed at introducing a fresh corporate identity while upholding the high-quality service standards that LINE users have grown accustomed to.

Indeed, this marks a new era for the company as it embarks on this journey, merging with one of the Internet’s giants, Yahoo Japan. As LY Corporation, they are well-positioned to deliver a seamless and enhanced user experience while preserving the essence that has made LINE a household name.

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/li ... tober-2023