Foreign paedophile rings in Pattaya - police on the warpath

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Foreign paedophile rings in Pattaya - police on the warpath

Post by Gaybutton »

I truly, perhaps naively, believed this problem was essentially solved years ago. Obviously I was wrong and this is still quite a serious problem. I hope the police can put a stop to it.

War declared on foreign paedophile rings in Pattaya

By Pattaya Mail

December 6, 2023

PATTAYA, Thailand – Supakorn Noja, widely known as “Kru Ja”, head of the Anti-Human Trafficking and Child Abuse Center (Ban Kru Ja), disclosed comprehensive strategies aimed at combating the escalating issue of sexual exploitation of minors by foreigners in Thailand.

Speaking to reporters on December 5, Kru Ja addressed the disturbing trend of foreigners engaging in sexual activities with children under the age of 13, with a particular focus on those aged between 12 and 15. He highlighted the formation of groups among these offenders, actively seeking sexual relations with minors, primarily targeting children in elementary school grades 4 to 6.

To counteract this grave concern, Thai authorities, according to Kru Ja, have implemented measures to prosecute offenders and secure the cooperation of victims in legal proceedings. International arrest warrants may be issued in certain cases, and legal action pursued against those involved in child exploitation or the purchase of child services within Thailand. The success of such legal actions, however, hinges on the proactive efforts of law enforcement agencies.

Kru Ja exposed the existence of international groups, colloquially known as “Paedophile Groups,” openly discussing and recommending ways to exploit minors sexually, especially those aged 13 and below. These groups often gather in specific areas, including bars in the Dongtan Beach area in Jomtien, Soi Bua Khao, and behind the South Pattaya Tuk Com complex. Members may exhibit distinctive symbols, such as earrings shaped like various objects or specific tattoos on their arms.

These nefarious groups, Kru Ja revealed, often integrate into Thai communities, facilitated by middlemen, particularly those associated with fishermen’s families. Renting houses and actively seeking out minors for sexual activities, they may entice victims with money and valuable items. Families in dire financial straits may be coerced into cooperation, complicating the issue further, with some perpetrators even resorting to marrying single mothers to exploit their children.

In response, Thai authorities plan to collaborate with legal representatives to fight cases of sexual exploitation comprehensively. Additionally, victims and their families may be relocated to protect them during legal proceedings, with financial assets sometimes frozen to prevent offenders from fleeing the country.

Kru Ja underscored the critical need for specialized law enforcement units to comprehensively address this issue. He called for serious attention from relevant authorities and urged international cooperation to prevent Thai children from falling victim to sexual exploitation by foreigners, emphasizing the importance of deporting these criminals out of Thailand.

Story and photos: https://www.pattayamail.com/news/war-de ... aya-447098
SP55

Re: Foreign paedophile rings in Pattaya - police on the warpath

Post by SP55 »

Excuse me for having doubts about this story. Pedophiles with secret message tattoos. Come on.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

SP55 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:44 pm Pedophiles with secret message tattoos. Come on.
Whether or not that's true - and if it is it's ridiculous (If it's true they might as well wear a sign) - but I do believe the basic part about them still being a serious problem.
SP55

Post by SP55 »

Gaybutton wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:54 pm But I do believe the basic part about them still being a serious problem.
Each to his own. I believe about 0-1% of the story. But if they even know what bars these secret societies gather in, it will probably be an easy job to take them down. Especially since the members wear identical rings and tatoos.
Also I find it typical that it's described as a problem with foreigners. One would else maybe believe that it would be easier for thais to win trust by fishermen families or get into a thai school environment.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

SP55 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:44 pm Excuse me for having doubts about this story. Pedophiles with secret message tattoos. Come on.
The whole story seems like it is mostly fabricated! Meeting places in bars behind Tukcom, I don't recall any bars in that area!
SP55

Post by SP55 »

windwalker wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:21 pm
The whole story seems like it is mostly fabricated! Meeting places in bars behind Tukcom, I don't recall any bars in that area!
Not many bars along Dongtan beach either I believe? I've only seen a few family restaurants there and some marijuana places? Shouldn't be too difficult then for police to identify a gang of creepy looking farangs in those places openly discussing their deeds (yes the story says they're openly discussing this). And should be a big risk for other bar- restaurant visitors to overhear their discussions?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I agree that much of the "report" makes no sense and is obviously fabricated. But that doesn't mean that pedophiles in Pattaya is not still a problem. There was a serious problem with it years ago. Most of it, or at least news reports about it, virtually vanished for a long time. Now the problem is popping up again and it would be difficult to make me believe that merely because there has been so little publicity about it for years that the problem no longer exists.

What do those "secret" tattoos look like, anyway? How would the pedophiles know about and recognize these tattoos when nobody else does? Are there secret handshakes too?

Jun

Post by Jun »

I also tend to think its mostly fabricated.
When I have stayed near Tuk Com, I have seen nothing.
There is barely anything along Dongtan Beach. Most of what is along there doesn't do "trade" and the remaining establishments have male and female staff of a safe age.

I'm not entirely sure which decade the photos come from either.

There will always be one or two bad eggs, but I think the author might have taken one little example and embellished it with fabricated nonsense.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:31 pm I think the author might have taken one little example and embellished it with fabricated nonsense.
It always amuses me when these so called "reports" come from clueless people who spend a small amount of time in Thailand and think they know more about the goings on than those who live here or spend months at a time here.

If anyone sees how a pedophile could possibly find a target at Dongtan Beach or behind Tuk Com, let me know. Most pedophiles who get caught, at least in Pattaya, live in Pattaya and are caught diddling with the neighborhood children. Very few are sex tourists. And if pedophiles are looking for under-age boys in the bars, good luck. That hasn't existed for many years.

Maybe some of these "expert" authors might take the time to get their stories correct before publishing. But they won't. They obviously would much rather publish sensationalized stories whether they are bullshit or not, without giving a damn whether what they write is causing any harm or false impressions.

Take a look at the article below. Once again, it's knee-jerk reaction time in Thailand . . .

German Documentary on Sex Tourism in Pattaya Continues to Cause Concerns in Thailand

By Adam Judd

8 December, 2023

Thailand’s Ministry of Social Development and Human Security (MSD) has pledged serious legal action in child exploitation cases and promised to provide suitable assistance to the victims.

The announcement was made by MSD Minister Mr. Worawut Silpa-archa in response to reports of an arrest of a German suspect who allegedly sexually abused a 15-year-old girl in Pattaya and then fled Thailand to his home country.

Mr. Worawut said on December 7th that the MSD will send officials to assess the impact on the victim, provide necessary assistance, and address any issues arising from the incident.

Addressing the negative international media coverage on the incident, Mr. Worawut stressed that the ministry would rectify the situation by taking serious legal action against the perpetrators accused in child sexual abuse cases and disseminating accurate information about the cases.

“We will take decisive action to show that the government does not condone these type of illegal activities,” Mr. Worawut stated, although he did not give the precise details about potential measures to tackle the activities.

The minister further highlighted the importance of promoting Thailand’s strengths other than its nightlife sector, such as its vibrant tourism industry and rich cultural heritage.

The German documentary exposing the underbelly of Pattaya’s sex industry has sparked a global debate on Thailand’s controversial legal framework surrounding prostitution. The documentary’s viral success has shed light on the complex realities of sex work in Thailand, generating a spectrum of responses online.

Conservative voices have called for a complete shutdown of Pattaya’s bar industry, claiming it fosters exploitation and harms both locals and tourists. However, others argue that such a drastic measure would further marginalize and endanger sex workers. Instead, they advocate for expediting the passage of laws designed to regulate the industry and improve working conditions for those involved.

https://tpnnational.com/2023/12/08/germ ... -thailand/
Jun

Post by Jun »

I wonder how many people have seen the DW documentary? I wasn't aware of it being a popular channel, even in Germany.

Meanwhile the TPN article is also talking about 2 totally unconnected topics in the same articles. Bars have nothing whatsoever to do with child exploitation, since they're staffed by consenting adults.

However, this doesn't stop scummy journalists trying to promote inaccurate ideas in this way.