Getting a new Passport in Thailand

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: Getting a new Passport in Thailand

Post by Gaybutton »

christianpfc wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 5:32 pm I think a police report for stolen passport, or a receipt from embassy, can replace passport in such cases?
I'm would think with a police report and perhaps a copy of the passport you shouldn't have a problem.

I don't know how it works at the German embassy, but the US embassy - if you have a police report (a police report is required even if you simply lost your passport) - can issue an emergency passport within 72 hours. It has 5 pages and is valid for 1 year. I'm not sure what the fee is, probably about the same as for a normal passport. A normal passport is valid for 10 years. Its main purpose is to allow you to continue your trip and also get you home.

I would also imagine a good visa service such a Key Visa could handle it for you.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

When I first received the new passport my attempt to do the 90-day address report online was rejected. I had to personally go to immigration to do it. They told me with new passports the information won't be in their system yet, which is why it has to be done personally. They said after that, now it will be in the system and I should be able to resume doing the 90-day report online.

Yesterday I submitted the report online. This morning it was approved.

I received 2 Emails from the app. The first was to inform me that my submission was successfully received. The second informed me my report has been approved. Then all I had to do was go back to app, get the approval form, print it out, and place it into my passport.

All done - couldn't be simpler or easier.

In case you don't have the link to submit the 90-day address report online, here 'tiz: https://tm47.immigration.go.th/tm47/#/login
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

2lz2p wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:47 pm Based on GB's experience, I used Key Visa to renew my USA passport. All went well and I picked up my new passport and the old one from Key Visa today.

As mentioned by GB, they will also take care of the stamp transfer for an additional fee. I will also have them do my 90 day address report as it must be done at Immigration because of the new passport. After that, I will go back to online 90 day address reporting.
I decided not to use Key Visa to do the stamp transfer (fee 2,500 baht) and 90 day report (fee 500 baht). I mentioned my plans to a friend and he recommended a different and much less expensive agent - VIP Visa located on Jomtien 2nd Road near Soi Boon Kanchana intersection - they are on the opposite side from Atlantis Condominiums - https://www.vip-visa-thailand.com/.

I dealt with a lady whose name is May (the person my friend recommended). Stamp transfer fee was 500 baht and 90 day fee was 200 baht. The only documents she wanted were:
  • Old passport
    New passport
    Previous 90 day receipt (I mentioned I no longer lived at the address that was reported)
    TM.30 receipt (I mentioned that it was filed when I changed to my new address)
Nothing else - no need for a TM.47 form, Transfer request form, or evidence of current residence.

I went in last Wednesday afternoon and picked up passport this afternoon (Friday Immigration a Holiday), Monday I rec'd a message from them that the transfer was completed but they still needed to do the 90 day and I come in after 4pm today to pick everything up.

Good service and very inexpensive - they do not do passport renewals, so it appears Key Visa is still the only game in town.
Jun

Post by Jun »

2lz2p wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 5:28 pm VIP Visa located on Jomtien 2nd Road near Soi Boon Kanchana intersection - they are on the opposite side from Atlantis Condominiums - https://www.vip-visa-thailand.com/.
I dealt with a lady whose name is May (the person my friend recommended). Stamp transfer fee was 500 baht and 90 day fee was 200 baht.
Did you see prices for any other services ?
If there's a reliable agency that does 30 day extensions for a reasonable price, I guess a few tourists would occasionally make use of that.
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

Jun wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 7:13 pm
2lz2p wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 5:28 pm VIP Visa located on Jomtien 2nd Road near Soi Boon Kanchana intersection - they are on the opposite side from Atlantis Condominiums - https://www.vip-visa-thailand.com/.
I dealt with a lady whose name is May (the person my friend recommended). Stamp transfer fee was 500 baht and 90 day fee was 200 baht.
Did you see prices for any other services ?
If there's a reliable agency that does 30 day extensions for a reasonable price, I guess a few tourists would occasionally make use of that.
No, but you could contact them and inquire - I did beforehand using Facebook Messenger.

Tel & WhatsApp : +66 98 3948863
Line : vipvisa11
E-mail : [email protected]

https://www.facebook.com/vipvisapattaya1/