The Grill House... anyone?

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
bao-bao

The Grill House... anyone?

Post by bao-bao »

I was walking and taking early evening/night photos a while back and happened to catch the Grill House in a couple. The shot that showed the entire front of the restaurant didn't work out, but there's part of it to the right in the one below. I posted it today along with some other pictures along in that area that evening.

It looked like an interesting spot - has anyone eaten there? What was your impression of the place?
Gaybutton

Re: The Grill House... anyone?

Post by Gaybutton »

bao-bao wrote:It looked like an interesting spot
If you're talking about the Chez Gibus Grill House in Chiang Mai, I haven't eaten there, but here's a review:

Chez Gibus Grill House
Comment: Simply superb steaks, but also serving a selection of French and Swiss dishes in a fun atmosphere. Chef Gibus is most hospitable and will usually be on hand to give daily recommendations to guests. A fine selection of alcoholic beverages is available to complement the food.
Closed on Sundays.
Address: 42 Kampaengdin Rd.
Time Open: 5:30 pm - 11:30 pm
Telephone: 053 272712

http://www.chiangmainews.com/foodguide/ ... .php?sub=7
bao-bao

Post by bao-bao »

I suppose I ought have said where it was, sorry - silly me. It's on the beach in Jomtien. To the right, as if you were going down to Rit's. Maybe it's not called the grill house, but that's all I could make out in the blurred image taken right before the one I posted. Here's that photo:

Has anyone eaten there - and what did you think of it?

I'll make note of the one in Chiang Mai, though - thanks!
Jason1988

Post by Jason1988 »

I saw this restaurant while walking about a day or two ago. Tried it for dinner with a friend. I was surprised how good it was.
My friend was staying at the Avalon Beach Hotel so it was just a short walk way. I usually don't stay in that area so it was a nice treat to walk along the beach at night. The night we were there it was doing a good business. Give it a try if you are in the Jomtien Beach area.