-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
lvdkeyes

Re: Best Breakfasts

Post by lvdkeyes »

It sounds like a place to try.
lexusgs

Post by lexusgs »

TheCornerBar wrote:I have two favorites: Purple Space Monkey for breakfast tacos and Alto's for their "super breakfast". Either one is 110b and an excellent value.
On your recommendation I checked out Purple Space Monkey yesterday(Sunday) Great food, great service. As it was a Sunday they have a special offer and all items 50% off.
Full American breakfast about 65bht as I recall. ;)
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Yesterday a friend, one who does know Mexican food, said he tried the huevos rancheros at Purple Space Monkey and absolutely loved it. This is definitely a good place. Unfortunately, for most people without their own transportation, the problem is getting there. You most likely would have to get there by motorbike taxi.
lexusgs

Post by lexusgs »

I have transport when I'm in Pattaya so wasn't a problem, although I agree with you. On a side note I also went to Rich Man Poor Man which on Saturday and I have to say I was disappointed.
On Sunday evening Bondi Bar has a large Pork Roast dinner with apple sauce and Salad etc at 8pm. Really Delicious and good value at 99bht! I'm making myself hungry right now...lol
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

lexusgs wrote:I also went to Rich Man Poor Man which on Saturday and I have to say I was disappointed.
We all have different preferences. Rich Man-Poor Man is one of my favorites. Just today I ran into a friend at the beach who had just come from Rich Man-Poor Man and he loved it. What happened that disappointed you?
lexusgs

Post by lexusgs »

Gaybutton wrote:What happened that disappointed you?
Ordered a Philly Cheese Steak sandwich. Food quality was not good. The beef was ultra tough and just didn't taste good. Also ordered Manhattan Clam Chowder which to be fair was ok!
You're right of course different strokes for different folks and clearly the place is popular.
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

I like both Purple Space Monkey (PSM) and Rich Man Poor Man (RMPM) - but, it is particular dishes at each - others I have tried at PSM were so so. I haven't tried dishes other than my two favorites at RMPM, but a couple friends have and said they were not impressed, but they agree the Chicken Fried Steak and Meat Loaf are very good (those are my two favorites there).

At PSM, I like the biscuits and gravy or pancakes for breakfast. I haven't tried the breakfast burrito yet - I mentioned to the owner that others had commented on his breakfast taco, but I didn't see it on the menu and his response was that it must have been the burrito as he doesn't serve breakfast tacos. I also want to try the huevos rancheros. My BF likes the American breakfast there. On the dinner menu I have tried the Chicken Fried Steak, ribs, and fajitas - the BF tried the Enchiladas once, but usually has steak. I was disappointed in the ribs and the fajitas were so so, in my opinion.

The owner of PSM did say he might add breakfast tacos, but he didn't want so much Mexican food that people will think that is all he has. He also said he had hired someone to manage the day to day operations, which would give him more time to review his menu and add items or make additions, but not too much at one time (that was on my last visit, so I don't know if his manager got his work permit and has started or not).
TheCornerBar

Post by TheCornerBar »

When PSM has patty sausage, their biscuits, gravy, and sausage, are the best! At RMPM, the chicken Parmesan, with spaghetti and marinara, is my favorite. RMPM also has some very good jalapeno poppers.
thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

I like RMPM, too-- but bf: no lie. No Thai food. So we bring in Thai food, no problem. Incredible menu for such a tiny kitchen if you can call it that. Discovered the place by accident since it was near the place we stayed on the last visit.
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

I'm surprised no one has raved about the Reuben sandwiches at Rich Man-Poor Man. They're really good!!!