Email/Internet Hoax

RichLB

Email/Internet Hoax

Post by RichLB »

I can't imagine anyone is foolish enough to fall for this one, but a heads up might save someone here grief. I received the following email a couple hours ago....
Apologies for having to reach out to you like this, I made a trip early this week to London, UK and had my bag stolen from me with my passport and credit cards in it. The embassy is willing to help by letting me fly without my passport, I just have to pay for a ticket and settle Hotel bills. Unfortunately for me, I can't have access to funds without my credit card, I've made contact with my bank but they need more time to come up with a new one. I was thinking of asking you to lend me some quick funds that I can give back as soon as I get in. I really need to be on the next available flight.

I can forward you details on how you can get the funds to me. You can reach me via email or Park hotel's desk phone, the number is +447024014792. I await your response......

Janie
I contacted my friend, Janie, and have received confirmation that it is indeed a hoax. I guess someone hijacked her email address book and used the info there to try to get some good hearted suckers to fork over some cash.
christianpfc

Re: Email/Internet Hoax

Post by christianpfc »

Well, look what I just got some days ago:
Dear sir
Good day to you and your family, my name is Mrs. Amina Akussa Ehivet's sister of Simone Ehivet Gbagbo, wife of the current president of Ivory Coast. Sir, I am writing you in regards your assistance to invest in your country.I know this letter might be a surprise to you, but please read with a good heart to see why I need your help.

I am now writing you from the refugee camp to London United kingdom.sir I am a mother of one child a boy and he is currently in the morocco.Sir my sisters husband President (Laurent Gbagbo ) who is the president of our country has caused much pain to my family simply because my husband and I are not in support of man slaughter in Ivory Coast.My husband was a member of the opposition party and he argued with the president to step down for Alassane Ouattara because he was the winner of the last election, but this is my sister and her husband forget that we are a family despite political differences.

My sister ordered men to kill my husband after he delivered a speech on the Gagnoa square.Ten days after my husband was arrested, he was killed.my husband was burned and they kill and i and my son was treatened and if I'm not leaving the country in 48 hours,i and my son will be kiiled as well.Luckily for me, I already had a visa for a convention in Canada and when the plane passed in London I went out in London and decided to seek asylum there were am not known by all known.Sir the main reason I'm contacting you is because I want to move down to your country to invest and live there so as to start a new life with my son. I heard your country is growning in investment and I thought of writting to you to help me build a good company there.

I would like to invest 28.5 million euros in this sector of investments.Agriculture,real estates,land buying or whether to invest money in the company were you work, I think it will good.please i need you to send me the details below so that I may be able to contact you directly and also to know you better.
Full Name:
Address:
ID card:
Phone Number:
I hope to hear from you soon.
Sincerely,
Mrs Amina Akussa Ehivee
[email protected]

--
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.
I once got a message that promised me I could get pregnant.
lvdkeyes

Re: Email/Internet Hoax

Post by lvdkeyes »

Have you vigorously been trying?