French restaurant with good food

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
loke

French restaurant with good food

Post by loke »

I just want to tell you that during my stay in Pattaya I discover this restuarant with authentic french food and french chef.

But I am sure you already know this. Unfortunately I do not remember the name but its located just across the soi from Tukcom .

Well they had set menus that changed daily and only 260 baht for great 3 course meal. Really the best I had in Pattaya.

I dont think there are that many places with a French chef working at the kitchen.
I am not saying that Thai chefs are worse but they just dont know how to make real European food.
Gaybutton

Re: French restaurant with good food

Post by Gaybutton »

I think you may be talking about either La Petite Planet or Cuisine au Buerre. Those are the only two French restaurants I know of just across the soi from Tuk Com.
dorayme

Post by dorayme »

There is a delightful liffle French restaurant in the Jomtien Complex called L"Arc (0845644626). The owners are from Lyon and the cooking according to my French friends is authentic for the Lyon region. They are gay friendly and willing to make dishes with some notice ahead.
loke

Post by loke »

Thank you ! I will remember that when I visit in December. I love french food!

I will probably stay in Jomtien area also . Do you remember what kind of menu they have and prices?
dorayme

Post by dorayme »

I am not French so don't related to the menu but think it is typical of a French restaurant. I thought the prices were reasonable, the owners friendly and amiable. It was a pleasure to eat there (more than 4 times). Once they specially obtained sweetbreads and another cavles liver that was the best I've ever had and difficult to obtain in Thailand. They are willing to prepare new things on advance request.
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

Where in Jomtien Complex is it located?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

2lz2p wrote:Where in Jomtien Complex is it located?
Between Question Mark and The Venue - practically next door to Question Mark.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

We are going to try it tonight.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

Three of us ate at L'Arc tonight. We all agreed we would definitely go back. Carrot sticks with garlic mayonnaise on the table and they brought French bread and refilled it twice without us asking. Two of us had starters; one charcuterie and one scallops with leeks. Both very good and plentiful. Main courses were perfectly cooked honey roasted duck with ratatouille, salmon properly cooked and served with dill sauce and gratin potatoes and beef burgundy with mashed potatoes. All met or exceeded expectations. There were other choices of sides, but this is what we had. Desserts were 2 tarte tartin with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream and 1 nougat ice cream. All three of us drank water. Total bill was 1970 baht. No service charge added. Not cheap, but certainly well worth the quality of the food and service. The two owners (?) were extremely friendly. They said A/C would be installed within a month.