Bread Machine Garlic Bread

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
lvdkeyes

Bread Machine Garlic Bread

Post by lvdkeyes »

I found this among my recipes. As I recall from when I had a bread machine, it was quite good.
BREAD MACHINE GARLIC BREAD

1 cup warm water (70-80 degrees F)
1 tablespoon soft butter
1 tablespoon instant nonfat dry milk powder
1 tablespoon sugar
1-1/2 teaspoons salt
4-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
2 teaspoons garlic powder
3 cups bread flour
2 teaspoons active dry yeast

Place all ingredients in bread machine according to manufacturer's directions. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and 1 1/2 lb loaf size if available. Bake according to machine directions. Check the dough after 5 minutes of mixing. Add 1-2 tablespoons water or flour if needed.
Gaybutton

Re: Bread Machine Garlic Bread

Post by Gaybutton »

That does sound good. That will be the next one I try.
DeE

Post by DeE »

Thanks lvdkeyes

I just became the new owner of a bread machine....first 3 loafs were 3 inch bricks. Since then I have discovered why one uses yeast and the last four loafs turned out great....including your garlic bread recipe which I made last night.

I just realized I put 3 tablespoons of butter instead of 1, like the recipe called for....but turned out yummy in spite of my mistake.

My confidence is building a little and would like to know your recipe for raisin bread and/or a buttermilk loaf. Yes, I know there are thousands of recipes on line....but I like the idea of using recipes that have actually been used here in Thailand. And GB, you too feel free to list a special recipe that you have actually made/used with your machine.

I don't have an oven so I am limited to a bread machine only.

Oh--- and is there a bread recipe that uses Karo dark corn syrup? I love this stuff on pancakes and just wondering if by chance there is a recipe that you have actually made using Karo dark corn syrup.

Cheers........
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

DeE wrote:GB, you too feel free to list a special recipe that you have actually made/used with your machine.
I have already done so. See this thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3535&p=36452

There are also literally hundreds of bread machine recipes on the Internet. Just do a Google search. Here is one site I commonly use when I want to try something new: http://www.bread-machine-recipes.com/

And don't disregard the recipes that probably came with your machine. People tend to think the "defaults" are always inferior. Not necessarily. I regularly use some of the recipes in the booklet that came with my machine and they're just fine.

If you have any problems finding the various flours, try Foodland on Central Road (Pattaya Klang) and Villa Market. They each have a good selection of flours.

Also, don't be afraid to experiment with your recipes. A few variations here and there often yield excellent results.
DeE

Post by DeE »

GB, I must say that your corn/raisin bread recipe came out great. I just finished letting it cool and put some cream cheese on a warm slice. It was pretty near heaven.

I used an extra teaspoon of yeast and an extra tablespoon of butter (actually I'm using Crisco shortening--butter flavored) because I keep forgetting to buy butter and an extra teaspoon of cinnamon.

I wonder if Monty will give me a free cup of his fresh brewed Colombian coffee for a couple of slices tomorrow morning?

Oh and a little tip for those who don't know, just before the cooking cycle I reach in and remove the paddle from the bottom of the machine --that way you end up with a little hole in the bottom of the bread instead of that paddle hole --and the bread just pops right out for cooling.

Cheers.....
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

DeE wrote:just before the cooking cycle I reach in and remove the paddle from the bottom of the machine
I think you mean just before the final rising. But that's a good idea. That's one of those "Why didn't I ever think of that?" ideas.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

GB is the best source for tried and true bread machine recipes. I don't have one.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Garlic bread is to easy and inexpensive to make to bother with a bread machine.

Buy a good French bread I prefer the old Carrefour, if you must Frienship. Slice it in half lengthwise, melt some salted butter brush both piecies with it liberally, sprinkle with garlic powder and some dried parsley leaves (optional) put under broiler and lightly brown, cut into serving size piecies. The entire process shouldn't take more than 5-7 minutes. If you don't have a broiler use a blow torch. Put that machine away!
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote:Put that machine away!
Why does it bother you if people like making their own? I sometimes do it your way, but sometimes I also like making my own from scratch. Not everybody always wants to do things the easy way.