Husband Hunting Expedition

Anything and everything about gay life anywhere in the world, especially Asia, other than Thailand.
Thing

Husband Hunting Expedition

Post by Thing »

This is my 3rd annual holiday to Asia – each year I expand a bit further and seek potential husbands in various locations. Some have been close to being Mr Right, however that annoying little voice in my mind always reminds me, “You can do better” & thus I am forced to continue my annual epic search or perhaps I’m just a slut !!

Anyway I posted the story on a blog link cause its soooo long :mrgreen: & well I'm only up to day 10 - so I'll update it again soon...

Here's the link to read it, grab a glass of sumfing and hope you enjoy the first bit...

http://thingly.blogspot.com/2011/12/hus ... ition.html
Rogie

Re: Husband Hunting Expedition

Post by Rogie »

Your witty penmanship really puts the FUN into husband hunting - nicely written and the humour is infectious. That's a real wake-up call to us oldies, the bit where you have to stump up a few dollars for your first 'commercial transaction'.
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

Needs work on the details. I understand that James Joyce never left his room when he wrote ‘Ulysses’ but got all the details right and that was quite an accomplishment given that the internet and www was not even a dream then.
christianpfc

Post by christianpfc »

It reads good so far.
Thing

Post by Thing »

Thanks Rogie perhaps the Journalism/Law degree helps with the writing (one would hope, it costs a fortune) :o
Trongpai wrote:Needs work on the details.
By details do you mean the slutting bits :lol:

I think your piece christianpc was the one I read before going away & thought I would give blogging a go ;)
Smiles

Post by Smiles »

Trongpai wrote:" ... Needs work on the details ... "
... one of which would be avoiding the over-use of the word 'blowie': just too too twee for, eh, words.
In grade 7 perhaps it escaped my lips (and not much escaped 'em ... lemme tell you) but I gave it up a year later when I discovered the glorious 'fella-aesheeo'.

Sorry Thing ~ but the prose is downright painful, the adventures are at the very least binderdundat (by the experts here :? ), the never-ending scrolling is an unnecessary chore (like lint in my navel), and the sex is, er, 'shitty': (Your word, not mine).

Just an opinion of course.

(For a journey through sexy England (!!??) and cheap thrills, better to read ''Annie Hall' by John Cleland ... oops, sorry, I meant 'Fanny Hill' by Same. Available on Amazon Kindle for 99 cents)
Cheers ... ( and just one more reason why I love living in Thailand )

Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

This link might be a more suitable place to post your stories http://www.nifty.org/nifty/
Jun

Post by Jun »

Thing wrote:I think your piece christianpc was the one I read before going away & thought I would give blogging a go ;)
Just keep on writing as you are. I found the blog to be very entertaining & well written. When is the next installment?
xiandarkthorne

Post by xiandarkthorne »

Keep writing what and how you feel like writing, Thing. I found it an interesting read. I know you're not trying to write the next great novel, so as far as the people who didn't like what or how you'd written are concerned, I'd advise you to simply ignore them.
I'm too old to be an enfant terrible so I'll just have to settle for being an irrrrrrrascible old fart! My Blog is here http://xiandarkthorne.blogspot.com/
Smiles

On 'Writing' on the World Wide Web ...

Post by Smiles »

xiandarkthorne wrote:Keep writing what and how you feel like writing, Thing. I found it an interesting read. I know you're not trying to write the next great novel, so as far as the people who didn't like what or how you'd written are concerned, I'd advise you to simply ignore them.
OK, I'll bite: Xian-Man, the point of at least my criticism was not that The Thing needed to write great literature, but that he should at least make an attempt at producing an overall 'readability'. As a purported writer yourself, I would have thought you'd agree to such a fundamental baseline.

The Thing has chosen to 'go public'. Thus ~ on the WWW ~ he's creating his own world of endless observation ... some in praise, some not.
For a (purported) writer to advise ignoring The Bad while revelling only in The Good is nothing but a fanciful exercise in an ostrich-like denial. Perhaps you live in that world as well?
Cheers ... ( and just one more reason why I love living in Thailand )