Pattaya Seafood Restaurant

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
lvdkeyes

Pattaya Seafood Restaurant

Post by lvdkeyes »

We just came back from a very good new restaurant. It's called Pattaya Seafood and is located on Theppasit Rd about 200 meters from Thrappaya Rd on the left side as you are heading toward Sukhumvit Rd.

The menu is very extensive having Thai, Thai Chinese and Northeastern (Essan)dishes. We had four dishes , deep fried crumbed prawns with some vegetables prepared the same way, shrimp fried rice, fish with a ginger sauce and duck laarb. My bf ordered the laarb "not spicy". It was not spicy at all. All the dishes were very tasty and the service was great, in spite of the fact that it was quite busy when we arrived about 8PM. Our dishes started arriving about 5 minutes after we placed our order. It is a large open restaurant, but with lots of fans, so it was not uncomfortable. We had only 1 bottle of water to drink and our total bill was 515 baht.

I highly recommend it.
bao-bao

Re: Pattaya Seafood Restaurant

Post by bao-bao »

Thanks for that, lvdkeyes. I've enjoyed other places you've mentioned so It's on my list of places to try on the next trip.

While some of my friends are happy to go to non-Thai restaurants - their reason being that they rarely spend the money to try new "western" places other than when I'm there - many appreciate being able to order more familiar dishes, so this spot fits the bill just fine. I hope they stay open for a few more months!
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

Based on how busy they have been I feel sure that they will stay open.
jomtien999

Post by jomtien999 »

I agree with lvdkeyes and his recommendation for this restaurant. I first discovered this place whilst getting my car serviced at a garage on the other side of the road - and had some time to fill in. I ate there several times in November/December - mostly for late lunches. Food was good, not expensive and the staff really charming. Service was prompt and arriving on some hot days - cold drinks were delivered quickly and fans switched on. The restaurant toned down the "heat" of some dishes for farang friends on request - yet also satisfied some fairly demanding locals on other occasions. For me the squid dish with salted egg was a winner and some of the vegetable stir fries were really tasty. Most of the clientele on my visits were Thai.