Reagan: I should have stayed a Democrat.

Jomtienbob

Reagan: I should have stayed a Democrat.

Post by Jomtienbob »

I can't wait to hear Rush, Billo the clown, and Hannity on this discovery.

http://www.freewoodpost.com/2012/03/25/ ... epublican/

"His (Reagan's) journal revealed this passage from an entry dated 8/25/2002:

Although at the time I felt I could more effectively get my ideas of a collective philosophy accomplished as a Republican more so than a Democrat, I realize now that the Republican Party was indeed the party of purely individual rights, not the Democrats. When I worked as the president of the Screen Actors Guild I understood the need for people to stick together for the greater good to get their goals accomplished. I admired other great presidents of the past such as Franklin Roosevelt, and Dwight Eisenhower who knew that in order for the nation to thrive, we must all thrive. I am also saddened that the Republican party of today thinks I wanted God in the White House and to rule the nation. That is not true at all, after I was nearly assassinated I wanted God more in my own personal life. I acknowledged that I was to be here for a reason and serve him and my nation together, but they always stayed separate in my mind just as in the Constitution. The Republican party today merely just uses God as a means to get votes, and I don’t believe Jesus would want to be used as a marketing tool. I regret my decision to become Republican and if I had to do it all over again I would have remained in the Democratic party and ran on their ticket. They seem to instill the core values I believe in, such as a collective philosophy. I thought for a while the Democrats left me, because we used to agree on so much, it turns out that I did indeed leave them, and I would do anything to take it all back. Now as I sit here as an old man, I can only imagine, “what if…”
Bob

Re: Reagan: I should have stayed a Democrat.

Post by Bob »

I'd suggest you go back and read the heading on the top of the webpage you linked. And then read one or two other articles they have on that website. Then, probably the best thing to do is either delete your post or, perhaps, edit it to a "Never Mind!" by Emily Latella? :roll:
Jomtienbob

Post by Jomtienbob »

Ooooops. Never Mind!
travelerjim

Post by travelerjim »

Thank you Bob for the note to jb...
NEVER MIND!

What bs!
and sadly there are those who will read or hear about
this untrue story and accept it as fact.

tj
Jomtienbob

Post by Jomtienbob »

Yes, I should have caught it, but haste makes waste. I had heard of the Yes Men, and the Daily Onion, but this was a new one on me.

Not to mention it was still a few days to April Fool's Day. Guess it came early for me.

I am not the first to have been duped, and I most certainly will not be the last.

Long live humor and satire!
Bob

Post by Bob »

No problem, it's believable only because it's something a lot of us would like to believe in.

The problem with the internet is people can post anything - fruitcake notions to conspiracy theories...and, unfortunately, a lot of people out there have no critical or analytical thinking ability and will believe anything they read. Somewhat like the nuts that actually believe that the US had something to do with bringing down the twin towers (because some bozo asserted that the airplanes....or, more correctly, the intense heat from the burning....couldn't bring down the buildings).

But, then again, there will millions of people who supported and voted for Sarah Palin. Go figure!