Armenia

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
Gaybutton

Armenia

Post by Gaybutton »

This evening we tried the Armenia restaurant on Jomtien Beach Road. It's easy to find. It's on Jomtien Beach Road at Soi Welcome. There's a big red sign out front that is written in Cyrillic and looks like "APMENHA."

It's an open air restaurant and the food is delicious. Three of us went and we all enjoyed it and intend to go back. There is a very good selection of menu choices, and they give you a photo menu with English. They have all kinds of goodies ranging from soups, including Borsht, lamb kebobs, stuffed cabbage, stuffed grape leaves, Armenian spring rolls, pirogi, several salads, marinated salmon, and much more. My friend and I shared a meat and eggplant ragout type of dish, the stuffed cabbage, and the pirogi. We were greatly pleased and the portions are large.

Prices are very reasonable. The total bill for the items my friend and I shared came to 650 baht, including our water - 325 baht apiece. Most of the menu items range from 100 to 200 baht and several menu items are under 100 baht.

We were also pleased with the service. If you're in the area, give it a try.
2lz2p

Re: Armenia

Post by 2lz2p »

Thanks GB -- I live near there and have passed by it several times, but glancing at their menu by the entrance, still wasn't sure what the dishes were (as I recall no English on that menu). I will have to give it a try - I'm always up for an adventure in new foods (except, perhaps, for some of the Esan food in the bf's home town :o ).