Anybody want to go to THIS guy's church?

Anything and everything about gay life anywhere in the world, especially Asia, other than Thailand.
Gaybutton

Anybody want to go to THIS guy's church?

Post by Gaybutton »

Welcome to the 14th century. You've got to see this one to believe it. The government should kill all gays. Maybe it would be better to kill all assholes. How do people like that get to be people like that?

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/05/3 ... -preachers
Alex

Re: Anybody want to go to THIS guy's church?

Post by Alex »

When talking about Muslim hate speech imams, some people point out that their religion, Islam, just hasn't been given enough time to be "domesticated" yet. Seeing such news, however, one has to wonder if maybe all the time given to Christian churches wasn't enough either. For example, I'm not really convinced that the Catholic Church wouldn't still love to burn witches at the stake, if only they were allowed to do so. Ultimately, their "domestication" is more a result of their loss of power than of insight.

I wouldn't kill the assholes, but I'd certainly like to see that they can be held accountable for their hate speech. In my book, they aren't any better than the aforementioned imams who're inciting terrorism.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Whatever happened to "Thou shalt not kill"? Just like a Constitutional amendment, maybe there should be a biblical amendment: "Thou shalt not kill - unless I decide you should die."

A second video in that same article has another preacher telling parents if their son is gay, punch him!

Ahhhh, yes. Nothing like good, wholesome Christian values.

Ok, if the government decides to kill all the gays, here's George Carlin's take on how we can do it and solve the national debt problem and bring in a load of corporate profits - all at the same time:

Alex

Post by Alex »

Gaybutton wrote:Whatever happened to "Thou shalt not kill"?
That's what I had been thinking all the time, before reading Bill Clinton's autobiography. Apparently, signing off death warrants as a governor troubled him, being a good Christian and all. His pastor, however, was undisturbed, telling him that something had been lost in translation as far as this particular commandment is concerned. It actually rather means, "Thou shalt not murder".

Applying this "logic", all it takes is a proper law. Then killing gays is of no concern, as long as it's state-sanctioned and the law is followed dutifully.