Poll-Do you like farang female impersonator shows?

Anything and everything about Thailand

Do you like to see "farang female impersonator shows"?

1/ Yes ,I like to watch them and will go to see them.
13%
2/No I do not like them,I dont want to see them.
87%

Total votes: 75

macaroni21

Re: Poll-Do you like farang female impersonator shows?

Post by macaroni21 »

I voted an emphatic NO. I have never found anything remotely appealing about cross-dressing; it is 100 times worse when it's an over-the-hill farang. I may force myself to sit through a show if I aim to do a review, but if I have any choice at all, I leave the bar as soon as a show starts.
sanook

Post by sanook »

It's a resounding 'NO' from me. I just can't get my head around why guys who like guys want to see guys looking or trying to look like ugly women! And these so called 'show bars' if it was only a drag show would they get many customers? I would think that most of the customers already in the bar are in there to look at the boys parading their stuff and not some drag queen trying to look emmmm, I can't think of an appropriate word!!!!!
YardenUK

Post by YardenUK »

A recent 'tweet' from Ms Joan Rivers:

http://twitter.com/Joan_Rivers/status/24052469403
gertrude

Post by gertrude »

Sanook..would "feminine" be an appropriate word? Ironically what Jason has said in the post above rings true...why are these shows packed out..standing room only ...? If the poll is anything to go by?
Yardenuk posted a quite interesting link earlier..in reference to drag queens..and information that in fact not all drag queens are gay...so obviously the" crowd market" is both straight and gay...thus having a large audience at times.
I forget the name of the bar...but down towards mike shopping mall..the place had tina turner shows etc was packed out most nights...with what looked like a straight crowd.
sanook

Post by sanook »

gertrude wrote:Sanook..would "feminine" be an appropriate word? Ironically what Jason has said in the post above rings true...why are these shows packed out..standing room only ...? If the poll is anything to go by?
Yardenuk posted a quite interesting link earlier..in reference to drag queens..and information that in fact not all drag queens are gay...so obviously the" crowd market" is both straight and gay...thus having a large audience at times.
I forget the name of the bar...but down towards mike shopping mall..the place had tina turner shows etc was packed out most nights...with what looked like a straight crowd.
I think the OP was mainly refering to 'drag mime' in Go Go bars. The shows in Alcazar, Tiffany and Simon Cabaret are mostly attended by tourists from China etc. and most of those are straights, also once one has seen a show it very rarely varies so another viewing can be boring to say the least. I personally, and I think that the poll here confirms it, strongly believe that the majority of non-fem gay guys would rather not see them, or would most certainly not go out of their way to see them!
thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

Exactly. I do like Alcazar and Tiffany's because they are so well done. But even if the show changes, it is still the same. When you've seen one, you've seen them all. A nice place to take your tourist friends.
gertrude

Post by gertrude »

Yes your right..i swayed away from the subject a bit...the OP was talking about transvestite farangs i think performing in gay bars.
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

gertrude wrote:why are these shows packed out..standing room only ...? If the poll is anything to go by?

but down towards mike shopping mall..the place had tina turner shows etc was packed out most nights...with what looked like a straight crowd.
Actually, I don't think it's true that these shows are playing to standing room only. Before Venue started in with the aged farang drags, the place was packed and if you didn't have a reservation, you didn't get a table. As I walk by there now, I seldom see anybody in the audience.

And as to why str8's go, it's to laugh at the gays. I find it all demeaning. Note, I'm talking about the farang drags, not the katoey shows like at Alcazar or Tiffany's.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

Perhaps the bar owners whose bars have these shows should take a look at this poll.
Jomtienbob

Post by Jomtienbob »

I too voted no. Generally I would put watching drag shows in a class with paint drying. However, once I went to a Pride show in Boyztown, and much to my surprise was howling in laughter at the fat old queens performing on stage.

It is not something I would seek out.

Give me a sexy boy macho dance show any day.