Trip to KL for 2 weeks

Anything and everything about gay life anywhere in the world, especially Asia, other than Thailand.
lvdkeyes

Re: Trip to KL for 2 weeks

Post by lvdkeyes »

I, as most posters here, grew up where homosexuality was illegal and bars and saunas were raided. I have never been arrested for being gay and I doubt many others have either. To get paranoid about going to KL because homosexuality is illegal there is a waste of energy. As previous posters have said, just be discreet and you will have no problems.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

lvdkeyes wrote:I, as most posters here, grew up where homosexuality was illegal
Were the potential penalties 20 years imprisonment? I can see many reasons to go to Kuala Lumpur, but as for me, I prefer not to risk imprisonment, even if the likelihood is remote. I might go to Malaysia for sightseeing, but I'll save the sex for Thailand.
atri1666

Post by atri1666 »

I always lost the fight not to have sex here.....smile and good morning. For me it is like Eduardo said. The same is valid for Singapore also.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

Gaybutton wrote:Were the potential penalties 20 years imprisonment?
Yes, when I was in the USAF, there was a Senior Master Sergeant and a Chief Master Sergeant (the two top enlisted ranks) on my base who were busted to Airman Basic and sentenced to 20 years in Leavenworth when it was discovered that they were gay.
Eduardo

Post by Eduardo »

I'm sure Obama will not tolerate such harsh punishment on his military men as meted out on on those unlucky chaps many years ago.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Gaybutton wrote:I prefer not to risk imprisonment, even if the likelihood is remote.
I'd daresay that the likelihood that you're involved in an accident driving your car in Thailand and getting arrested in the process is less remote than what is discussed here. Here as well as there, there's things you can do to mitigate those risks, but you won't ever get them down to zero.
atri1666

Post by atri1666 »

Today there was quickly full house in the sauna. Some very beautiful boys there. Had an extensive final party. From tomorrow will the last days only look for shopping and sightseeing. Can look for some expensive gifts because i still have all my cash euro money. At arriving i only changed some Singapore Dollars and got about 1000RM. Only used the money for food and drink from 7/11 and the entry for sauna and for tickets for public traffic and one simcard and tips for hotel staff. Still have about 400 RM. Hotel is prepaid in Euro. Ticket in Business class was 1350 Euro. All trips i booked in germany with viator and have been prepaid also.When i compare with my usual stays in LOS it was very cheap.
Jun

Post by Jun »

The legality issue in Malaysia & for that matter, Singapore did not stop me bringing guys back to my hotel room. I presume the current Malaysian government is unlikely to risk the bad publicity of locking up some foreigner (as long as his partner is adult). If they elect some Taliban like regime, that may be a different matter.
Excluding Turkey (which is 97% Asian), I've visited 7 Asian countries. As far as I know, gay sex is illegal in 2 of those and paying for it would probably be illegal in 6 out of the 7.

Generally, I found the KL gay scene to be quite small. The only clearly gay bar I found was Blue Boy, which was dark dingy and didn't get going until after midnight, which is just about when I like to sleep. The best part about that place was leaving. Leave early and slowly, so any gay boys loitering in the vicinity across the street know who to cruise.

As for costs, I thought KL was more expensive than BKK. That's to be expected, considering their GDP per capita is a lot higher, which generally has come correlation to living costs. Alcohol is very expensive in Malaysia.
The one area where KL is clearly cheaper is with gogo bars. There are none, so zero expenditure on off fees and the like :cry: .

Business class for 1350 Euro seems like a good deal.
Eduardo

Post by Eduardo »

With the population of greater KL less than a fifth that of Bangkok, the gay scene is definitely smaller, but I can assure you that the guys outside the commercial gay joints are as horny as any Thai or visitor in Bangkok. You can reach out to them easily online, and most of the time you will not be asked those 5-10 standard phrases made famous by Thai commercial sex dates.
As testified by atri1666, you would still have money left for shopping at the end of your stay in KL & Malaysia.
Be gay & adventurous & stop to smell all the flowers. :D
atri1666

Post by atri1666 »

I not visited Blue Boy because no need. In Manjam and GR the fun was running to me. Some boys really know what they want. Many of them are looking for daddy ....no not sugardaddy. Had some funny and long talks with some boys over Skype. Here is another system working and i like it. I dont know whats the price of alcohol because i not drink normally. I like 100% juices mixed with sodawater. It is a paradise here because i get my mangojuice and many others. I always book a room with loungeaccess because i can save lots of money for snacks and drinks. I dont know how much you must pay for cigis here because i dont smoke ( only special big cigars and i got them for free). Dinner or lunch buffet are really not expensive with 48RM. I was in a good arab restaurant and had my favorite kind of roasted chicken with soup and vegetables and juice and tea and paid around 60 RM. My next flight is with QR in business for about the same price but from Milano. This time i started in Amsterdam. Here in KL i really dont need the scene but there are enough places to meet. I was some time on mailing list for changing places for special gay disco. From my visits in Blue Boy i only know i never would like to go to toilet there but i met lots of nice boys but i like normaly to sleep in the night and so it happens rarely to find me out in the night.
When you are flexible with flights from Europe there are always good deals. I never pay more than 1800 Euro for C Ticket.
If you want fly once with A380 in first class with TG there are still good prices between BKK and HKG (around 850 Euro). I have done it already many times and you will find another world. Free Spa at airport and good restaurant and special immigration also in HKG.