Go go bars I miss

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Go go bars I miss

Post by Gaybutton »

Years ago, during my first trip to Thailand, I was introduced to Bangkok's go go bars. John, the owner of the now long gone Utopia Guest House, personally took me around and showed me the ropes. At the time, I hadn't even heard of Pattaya yet. It's been so long I can't even remember the name of the bar, but in those days the boys were totally naked and there were plenty of them. It was my first experience and I was completely overwhelmed.

I remember a bar in Chiang Mai called Doi Boy. I believe that bar is long gone. At the time, I also liked a bar called Coffee Boy. I don't go to Chiang Mai very often, so perhaps someone who knows Chiang Mai can tell me if I'm right. I believe Coffee Boy is long gone too, but in its heyday I enjoyed it.

I remember one go go bar in Chiang Rai. I can't remember the name, but it too is long gone.

There was a go go bar (I think it was a go go bar) in Ubon Ratchathani. It's gone. I never got to the bar. Maybe someone who knows Ubon can tell us about the bar and why it was eventually closed. LKAsians?

In Pattaya there was the Moonlight bar, Boys Studio, Playboy, Lek bar, Fanta-sea (I may have that name wrong), Birdcage, Mic My (now Power Boys), Rock Hard in Jomtien Complex, Happiness - with its upstairs go go bar (anyone remember 'Madame'?), Crazy Pub (was the same location as Krazy Dragon, not to be confused with the recently closed beer bar by the same name), Gentleman Club, Gakuya, City Boys, and a few others in the Soi Day-Night area and Sunee Plaza with names I've forgotten - all faded into memory.

Despite the fact that I've forgotten some of the names, probably have a name or two wrong, and have even forgotten some of the bars themselves, I miss them all.
DavidJarrett

Re: Go go bars I miss

Post by DavidJarrett »

Upon my first trips to Pattaya (starting in 2004), I well remember Gakuya, on a corner in Pattayaland soi 1, and took a couple of nice-looking guys home from there, including a manager type. Bird Cage also had a nice venue but was not popular and did not last. Also, I believe that Gentlemen's Club was one of the first gay venues in the BoyzTown area, Pattayaland soi 1, (so I am told) but it went through the usual number of name changes. Originally, it had very young lads in it. Fortunately, I photographed all of the guys I met, great for memory purposes !
atri1666

Post by atri1666 »

I remember Doi Boy because i visited many times. Was about 5 min. to walk from old Novotel (now Mercure). Coffee Boy was near railway station. There have been also nice bars in Bangkok in Saphan Kwai with naked boys and near Tarntawan the infamous Khun Sweet Cigar and Club Alek. In Club Alek i had real good orgys in the afternoons.
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

Ahh..a trip down memory lane. I could go on and on but I'll just list a few of my favorites.

Bangkok: Midnight Cowboy, Saphan Kwai, around 1986 to 1994. They had around 30 boys and everyone was 'my type'. They had an all boy, all nude cabaret show. The show was 'borrowed' from Alcaza without the ladyboys and without lip-sync. The boys were far from professional dancers but had great fun pretending to be. It all would start on the stage and then move down on the floor between customers. Lots of teasing and lots of fun. It closed with the death of the owner around 1994-5.

Pattaya: A little more recent history, 2000?, Kaos Bar. The all nude boy on stage event every night.

Chiang Mai: Macho Bar 198? to 1995. It was located next to the CharTree Hotel, now the Gate hotel, near the Chiang Mai gate. It was very laid back. They removed your shoes and you lounged on bean bags (remember them?) and pillows. Boys came up and cuddled. Coffee Boy had a similar format but then changed and eventually closed.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Trongpai wrote:Kaos Bar
How could I have left out that one? Kaos, which later became Villa Rouge, which later, as I recall, was closed by the police. Now that location is the open air beer bar, Sky bar.

Now I'm remembering - in the midst of a rare lucid moment - Star Boys, Charlie Boys, Top Man, Nok Nok, Jungle Boys, and even Euro Boys - which was once a go go bar, closed for a very long time, and has now reopened as a beer bar.

I'll bet I'm still leaving out a few.
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

Just one more fond memory.

Pattaya, North Beach, The Adam and Eve. It was a bar, club, sort of a go-go and famous for the full body soap massage. I recall going in around 94' and there must have been around 100 boys.

The soap massage lives on for breeders but I'm told is not allowed by law for a male bather to soap up a male customer. Although, some have tried in both Bangkok and Pattaya but without the skills and success of the old Adam and Eve.
Doug

Post by Doug »

In the early 1990s there was a gogo bar named Memories just off the road going to Naklua. It was always fun with great boys. If you got there early you could watch the boys practice routines they designed themselves for a later show. Certainly amateurish but so much fun...and the boys thought they were great.
If the place was hopping at closing, which it often was, then the owner/manager closed the door and the party continued. When the place closed many of the boys and customers walked the short distance to the Kiss Restaurant to eat. Then some of us would walk down the next soi to the pool at the Homex Inn for a quiet dip. Back then I stayed at the Homex Inn. Those were the days of fun, excitement and satisfaction that have not been repeated.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

LKAsians wrote:Yes, there was a really nice go-go bar in Ubon.

...........But it didn't last long
Do you know why?
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

In Sunee area, Amigo, Butt Boys, Y2K, Siam (in Soi Day Nigh)
neddy3

Post by neddy3 »

LKAsians wrote:and I will include Solid in BKK with a nice assortment of boys. The one I cannot remember the name of was across from Corner Bar where Ya-Ya is/was now and started with an S and was a go-go bar. Nice boys!!
Yes indeed, Solid in BKK was a really good bar, in my opinion.
Nothing quite like it seems now to exist in BKK.

Across from Corner bar was Sundance, I believe.