Tarntawan Closing?

Anything and everything about Thailand
Captain Kirk

Re: Tarntawan Closing?

Post by Captain Kirk »

Stayed there two nights on my first LOS visit back in about 2002. Thought the room was average and the breakfast really poor. Liked the location.
That GB was my visit with Darren. He was tired on the first night after the long flight and fell asleep almost immediately. While he slept I disappeared and had a threesome and then I too was tired. Ahh the memories.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Captain Kirk wrote:Ahh the memories.
Yes, I certainly do remember Darren. I doubt he would be forgettable even if I was in the final stages of Alzheimer's. Are you still in touch with him? How's he doing? Now that you've mentioned Darren, I have a feeling there is going to be curiosity about who we're talking about. I'll let you be the one to deal with that if anyone asks.

Come back soon and rack up more experiences to add to those memories.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

I normally avoid computers when I'm on holiday, but this time I'll make an exception. I'll be departing for Thailand tomorrow and staying at Tarntawan for 2 nights before heading down to PTY. l'll update you guys on the situation.
Alex

Post by Alex »

My guess is that Lucas was also let go (or that his company is now out of the picture) and that these meetings were the final / hand over ones. If that's indeed the case, I could understand why he wasn't too eager to do his usual meet and greet with guests.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

I've never realized the size of the cult followers for this hotel. I've lived in Bkk now in Pattaya..I.have passed this hotel many times and frankly I don't get it as there is nothing other than Golden Cock open early in the area and fuck all to do during the day. I think Sathorn is a much better option ie. Pinnacle or Malaysia hotel and many restaurants of which Trajah is a favourite, If U R unlucky in love in the evening working boys hang out by the Malaysia and if you want to go to Soi Twilight or Balcony/Telephone they are a 45bht taxi ride away and U can walk to Babylon, having been to Soi Twilight in the last month and a acknowledging "the bloom is of the rose" why stay nearby? (Not to be confused with the Rose Hotel).
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Captain Kirk

Post by Captain Kirk »

Gaybutton wrote:Yes, I certainly do remember Darren. I doubt he would be forgettable even if I was in the final stages of Alzheimer's. Are you still in touch with him?
Not seen him for so long, we kinda lost touch. Quick reminder of him here in the video.

Bangkokian

Post by Bangkokian »

Preview: Re: Tarntawan Closing?
I don't know why, as I've never stayed there, but I received an email from the owners of the Tarntawan property.
Here is an excerpt:

Dear Valued Partners,
On behalf of the management, we would like to announce the change of operator of the “Tarntawan Place” Hotel from Moana Hotels & Resorts Co.,Ltd. to Value Hotels Co.,Ltd., effective October 1, 2016.
All confirmed reservations will be honored. Please be updated the below bank accounts to be settled for services from October 1,2016 beyond. The announcement letter is enclosed for your reference.

Value Hotels Co.,Ltd.
Siam Commercial Bank, Sathorn Branch
Saving Account No. 101-237611-8
Kindly contact Value Hotels Co.,Ltd. through below details should you need any further information or assistance.
117-117/1-2, 119/3, 119/5-10, Surawong Road,
Surivawong, Bangrak, Bangkok 10500 Thailand
Tel: +66 (0) 2 238 2620
Fax: +66 (0) 2 238 3228
Email: [email protected]
readerc54

Post by readerc54 »

Thanks, Bangkokian, for the news.

There continues to be no website under old or new name. When I checked Agoda just now, prices for mid-December for "city view" (rear facing) rooms ranged from $80.35 (no breakfast, no cancel) to $97.50 (w/breakfast). Bookings.com was showing a listing under the old TP name ranging from $212-$230 (I know... who'd pay that?). Agoda listed it under the new name.

When I first read earlier in week that Value Hotels Co., Ltd., was new operator, I did a search but all I could locate under that name was a Korea-based site with no English language link.

The message you received from new management may have been intended for both guests and vendors. I say this because it lists bank account information and was addressed to "Valued Partners."

I still wonder who actually owns the properties. And I can't figure out why the larger, front-facing rooms are not listed on Agoda or elsewhere.
Maxxy

Post by Maxxy »

Hmmm, interesting Bangkokian, unlike you I was a regular there and never received anything in an email from them
Oliver

Post by Oliver »

Me too....about fifty visits and not a word. Not to mention a booking for February.