Latest Bar Information

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Latest Bar Information

Post by Gaybutton »

To avoid confusion, I deleted the 'Jomtien Complex Bars Closed' topic. They're no longer closed. I thank those who contributed to that topic and kept us informed.

As of this evening, Pattaya's beer bars apparently have been permitted to reopen and they are serving alcohol. Grocery stores, 7-Elevens, etc. are all selling alcohol. No music is being played and bar shows are not yet permitted. The go-go bars remain closed.

Apparently, at least in Pattaya, it's mostly business as usual. Except for some bars and entertainment venues, everything is open. Restaurants are open and serving alcohol. Most businesses are open. The night markets are open. Nearly everything is open.

That's Pattaya. I have no information about Bangkok or anywhere else in Thailand. Those of you who can let us know what the story is in Bangkok and elsewhere, please post.

Because Sunday, October 16 is a major Buddhist holiday, alcohol probably will not be sold.
catawampuscat

Re: Latest Bar Information

Post by catawampuscat »

In Boyztown, Boyzboyzboyz was open. No 9:00 lineup and no boys on the stage but lots of them hanging around
inside and outside the bar. Toy Boys was open, no lights outside, no doorman but open. Cupidol was closed as was
Castro. Cafe Royale open for food service.
Bar beers were open and serving beers etc. We couldn't get a seat at Oscars, it was full and sat at Panarama, where my
friend had a margarita.
thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

Received this email from Balcony Bar last night:

Dear Balcony Member,

With the sad death of His Majesty The King we have received enquiries as to our plans for the coming weeks. Please read on:

The police have told us that we can continue to remain open and that we can serve all food and drinks on our menu. However for the next 30 days we cannot play loud music and all parties must be cancelled. So:

The Cheese and Wine evening on 19th October will continue as normal and so will the Pasta Night on 26th October.

Halloween will not be taking place this year.

The Balcony remains open during our normal working hours however there will be no loud music and some lights will not be illuminated.

Best Regards

From the Management and Staff
The Balcony,
86-88 Silom Soi 4
Bangkok 10500 http://www.balconypub.com
TomUK

Post by TomUK »

I am currently in Buriram province in Pla Pla Chai. Yesterday was my boyfriend's birthday and instead of the usual big party we only had meal at his restaurant with some of his friends followed by a few drinks at the resort I am staying at. Otherwise it seems to be pretty much business as usual everywhere. I am now having breakfast at My Corner in Prakhon Chai and also here everything appears to be quite normal. The only difference I have noticed so far is that people start wearing black and on many TV channels they only have one subject, for obvious reasons.
I am not aware of any bars in this area.
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

I'm at Soi Twilight now. All bars open. No music or low volume. No shows. No dancing. Lights dim. Have boys. I was told all venues will close at midnight. Closed Sunday and back open Monday.
Lots of Asian tourists as usual. Traffic, usual Saturday, heavy.
Door and wait staff in black. Boys inside dressed as always.
Elsewhere in Bangkok is a mixed bag. Some open and some closed. Cowboy and Nana are closed tonight. DJ, GOD, closed as I guess all discos. Might open latter as a lounge I was told.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

The latest information for Pattaya is the bars have been open and serving alcohol, but have been closing at midnight.

Today, October 16, is the end of Buddhist Lent and is a major Buddhist holiday. Bars usually stay closed for this holiday, but some might be open, but I doubt will be serving alcohol if they do open.

The only bar I've received definite information about is Eros in Sunee Plaza. Tonight Eros will be closed.

I have no "engraved in stone" information about any of the other bars.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I have just been informed that Sunee Plaza's Ting Tong Red bar will be open tonight (October 16), but it's soft drinks only - no alcohol.

Apparently bars can open today if they choose to do so, but due to Buddhist Lent will not be serving alcohol.
thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

Received another email from Balcony Pub:

Dear Balcony Member,

Further to our last newsletter, we have now received new instructions from the police and these rules will be in force until 14th November:

We will remain open and we can still serve our full range of food and drinks, so our Cheese and Wine evening on Wednesday 19th October and our Pasta Night on Wednesday 26th October will carry on unaffected.

All venues may only remain open until midnight.

Street signs must not be illuminated and music must be very low in volume.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Best Regards

From the Management and Staff

The Balcony,
86-88 Silom Soi 4
Bangkok 10500