LGBTQ films in Bangkok

Anything and everything about gay life anywhere in the world, especially Asia, other than Thailand.
ก้นconnoisseur

LGBTQ films in Bangkok

Post by ก้นconnoisseur »

The Taiwan LGBTQ Film Festival in Bangkok opened on Saturday with a screening of Small Talk (日常對話), a documentary by Huang Hui-chen (黃惠偵) detailing her relationship with her mother. After the screening, a forum was hosted by Jay Lin (林志杰), founder and chief executive of Taipei-based Portico Media and founder of LGBTQ streaming platform GagaOOLala, to highlight the steps that Taiwan went through to legalize same-sex marriage. The week-long festival was curated by Chen Yen-lin (陳彥霖), Alliance Francaise de Bangkok and the Documentary Club, and aims to highlight the development of Taiwan’s LGBTQ rights and same-sex-marriage legislation. Films in the festival include Blue Gate Crossing (藍色大門), Queer Taiwan (酷兒台灣), Tale of the Lost Boys (他和他的心旅程), Juliets and I Don’t Want to Sleep Alone (黑眼圈), a 2006 Malaysian-Taiwanese romantic drama written and directed by Tsai Ming-liang (蔡明亮).

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/ ... 2003716659
fountainhall

Re: LGBTQ films in Bangkok

Post by fountainhall »

Thanks for the information. Unfortunately it is really hard to find the details in English about which films are featured on each day and where the films are being screened. Even getting the detail in Thai requires checking quite a few sites. From what I can gather, there are 5 days left. Unfortunately one of the movies did have English sub-titles but we have missed that screening. The next showing has only Thai sub-titles as mentioned below.

June 11 at 7:00 pm
Tale of the Lost Boys - Doc Club Theatre within Warehouse 30

The relationships of two men are explored in this Filipino-Taiwanese production. Upon their chance encounter, they begin to develop a connection that sends them on a road of discovery and connection with their respective families.

June 12 at 7:00 pm
Juliets - Doc Club Theatre within Warehouse 30

Divided into three parts under three directors, this omnibus of romance follows three "Juliets" in three different timelines as they weave through bittersweet love and life.

June 13 at 7:00 pm
Tale of the Lost Boys - Doc Club Theatre within Warehouse 30

June 14 at 7:00 pm
Blue Gate Crossing - Doc Club Theatre within Warehouse 30 - Note: sub-titles are ONLY in Thai

June 15 at 5:00 pm
I Don't Want to Sleep Alone - Alliance Francaise off Wittayu.

This Malaysian-Taiwanese romantic drama sees love blossoming between strangers amid the different social classes that divide them.

Tickets are Bt. 100 for each showing apart from June 15 when it is Bt. 120, although members of Alliance Francaise get a discount.

Location of Doc Club Cinema at Warehouse 30 - not far from River City and the Mandarin Oriental Hotel

Location of Alliance Francaise off Witthayu
ก้นconnoisseur

Re: LGBTQ films in Bangkok

Post by ก้นconnoisseur »

Thanks for the excellent follow-up research fountainhall. All I had to go by was that short blurb but I thought I should post it in case anyone was interested. Too bad it did not appear in the news until it had already started.